Backwater Outdoors All Out Carp Out (Alabama) Tournament presented by Monster Custom Boat
Over $150,000 cash and prizes guaranteed!
April 7 -9 2017
Official tournament hours 7:00 PM – 7:00 AM April 7 -8 and 7:00 PM – 7:00 AM April 8 -9
Entry is limited to the first 1000 people!
Registration has begun!
Prizes will be as follows:
Heaviest Overall Common Carp
(Overall biggest common carp of the tournament)
1st Place: $30,000
2nd Place: $10,000
3rd Place: $5,000
Grand Prize – Random Drawing for a custom 2017 Backwater Outdoors Edition Bowfishing Boat or cash option! (Everybody that enters both days and all bonus pots has a chance to win this boat!)
Winner of the overall heaviest common carp will get their fish in a mounted replica free to be picked up at the 2017 All Out Carp Out! (Sponsored by Hereford Taxidermy)
Daily Designated Hour Payouts:
(Heaviest common carp on designated hours each day (Friday and Saturday night))
These times will be the only times contestants will be allowed to weigh in.
10:00 PM – 11:00 PM: (T-shirt bonus hour, double your money for 1st place with tournament t-shirt): 1st place: $1000, 2nd Place $750, 3rd Place $500, 4th Place $250, 5th place $100 (Sponsored by Muzzy)
1:00 AM – 2:00 AM: 1st Place: Prize Package, 2nd Place Prize Package, 3rd Place Prize Package (Sponsored by AMS Bowfishing)
4:00 AM – 5:00 AM: 1st place: $1000, 2nd Place $750, 3rd Place $500, 4th Place $250, 5th place $100 (Sponsored by Cajun Archery)
7:00 AM – 8:00 AM: 1st place: $1000, 2nd Place $750, 3rd Place $500, 4th Place $250, 5th place $100 (Sponsored by RPM Bowfishing)
10:00 PM – 11:00 PM: (T-shirt bonus hour, double your money for 1st place with tournament t-shirt): 1st place: $1000, 2nd Place $750, 3rd Place $500, 4th Place $250, 5th place $100 (Sponsored by Innerloc)
1:00 AM – 2:00 AM: 1st Place: Prize Package, 2nd Place Prize Package, 3rd Place Prize Package (Sponsored by Oneida Eagle Bows)
4:00 AM – 5:00 AM: 1st place: $1000, 2nd Place $750, 3rd Place $500, 4th Place $250, 5th place $100 (Sponsored by Fin Finder)
7:00 AM – 8:00 AM: 1st place: $1000, 2nd Place $750, 3rd Place $500, 4th Place $250, 5th place $100 (Sponsored by Monster Custom Boats)
20.0 and 18.0 Exact Weight Common Carp:
The contest who weighs the first 20.0 and 18.0 lb common carp harvested for the tournament will be awarded $1000 each.
Each night, the woman weight the largest common carp of the evening will win a very nice prize package including a new bow!
Open Drawing: Open drawing for a huge amount of door prizes (TBA).
Optional Daily Bonus Games:
#1 Bonus Shirt – Doubles Your Money! ($15 for t-shirt)
Win first place in any of the bonus shirt hours and double your money (10:00 PM both days) (*Your shirt must be in possession when you weigh in)
#2 Bonus Pot – Big Fish Pot ($10 for bonus pot)
This pot entitles you to be entered into the pot for the overall heaviest grass carp and overall heaviest buffalo of the tournament. You may weigh in multiple grass carp and buffalo with the largest one counting. $2000 prize for largest grass carp and $2000 prize for largest buffalo
#3 Bonus Pot – Tagged Target Pot (Sponsored by Innerloc) ($5 for bonus pot)
The morning before the tournament begins two Innerloc Gar Targets will be placed on the tournament waters underneath the water. If you find and return one of these targets to the weigh in, you will receive $1000. $1000 for each for each target found. Targets will be marked.
The largest overall common carp for the tournament weighed in by a youth age 15 years or younger will receive $150 Backwater Outdoors Gift Certificate. Carp must be harvested by the youth who weighs in the fish.
Overall top 3 winners will be presented at the awards ceremony at 9 AM on Sunday April 9th at the tournament location. Hourly winners will be paid at the of the hour. Boat drawing and door prize drawings will be at 3:30 PM at the tournament location on April 7th. Must be present to win.
Register online here
Participants must pick up their entry packets and shirts at Backwater Outdoors beginning April 3rd through April 6th during normal business hours. If you pick up your packets/shirts at this time at Backwater Outdoors (Before April 7) you will receive one extra drawing ticket, each person must pick their own ticket. After that all registration, shirt/packet pickup will be done on site until 7 PM CST when the tournament begins at the tournament pavilion. Remember you must sign and turn in a copy of the rules and release form before fishing.
Directions on reaching tournament site: Harbor MarinaPhysical address: 201 Blount Ave. Guntersville, AL 35976Located between Blount Ave./ Scott St./Paddle Wheel Dr. at north end of Guntersville. Pavilion is located on east side of Blount Ave. just before the 431 Bridge. Heading north out of Guntersville on Blount Ave. turn right on Scott St. and pavilion will be on your left. Coming into Guntersville heading south on 431, just after coming off overpass, take left at 1st intersection at Scott St go across Blount Ave. and pavilion is on left. Meet and greet, registration, weigh ins and awards ceremony will be at Pavilion.
Backwater Outdoors All Out Carp Out (Alabama) Official RULES
These Rules will be STRICTLY ENFORCED! Rules are subject to change before April 6, 2017.
1. Each contestant will register individually.
2. Entry fees are as follows:
– $100 for Day 1 or Day 2 PER PERSON
– $150 for both days PER PERSON
Entry fees do not include optional bonus pots and t-shirt bonus. $15 t-shirt bonus (double your money for first place in t-shirt bonus hour and includes tournament shirt), $10 big grass carp pot ($5000 big grass carp of the tournament), $5 tagged target bonus pot (find one of our two tagged targets during the tournament and win $1500)
3. Entry form with complete entry fee must be received before fishing. Entry is limited to the first 1000 people.
4. Only common carp (Cyprinus Carpio) will be weighed in with the exception of the Big Fish Bonus Pot (Grass Carp (White Amur) and all species of buffalo) bonus card. Mirror carp DO count in the common carp category.
5. NO REFUND, TRANSFER OR SUBSTITUTION OF ENTRY FEES FOR ANY REASON.
6. Tournament will go on rain or shine. Payout is set and guaranteed regardless of number of entrants.
7. Registration times will end as listed on “How to Enter” page
8. Official tournament lakes will be Guntersville Lake, Wheeler Lake, Wilson Lake, Pickwick Lake, Nickajack Lake, Chickamauga Lake legal waters for bowfishing and navigable (accessible from main river channel) waters of each lake only.
9. Each participant must have a valid fishing license for the state you are fishing in unless exempt. License may be requested at time of weigh in.
10. There are no “teams” in this event, it is an individual event. Each person in boat must be a paid contestant of official tournament and abide by all tournament rules and regulations. NO more than 4 people per boat and all must be paid contestants of the tournament.
11. Bank fishing is permissible in legal public areas.
12. Tournament officials have the right to refuse ANY ENTRY.
13. No one other than paid contestants or tournament officials is permitted in a competitor’s boat during tournament hours. Official media personnel may be allowed if approved by tournament directors.
14. Participants under 18 years of age must be accompanied by a parent or adult with written parental permission.
15. Any contestant found to be in violation of any tournament rules and regulations will be subject to disqualification from this tournament and all future Backwater Outdoors tournaments.
16. Fish may be harvested by bow and arrow (bowfishing) only.
17. All fish harvested by contestants fishing together will be disqualified if any of the said contestants are found to be in violation of any tournament rules and regulations.
18. Any person who has been disqualified from any prior tournament may be subject to being refused entry into tournament.
19. All State & Federal penal code laws shall apply at all times.
20. All State, Coast Guard, Federal Parks & Wildlife regulations shall apply at all times.
21. Boat must be able to pass inspection anytime during tournament hours
22. All airboats must have a muffler on engine.
23. Each boat must have the following safety equipment: Running lights, fire extinguisher, one throwable life preserver, horn or whistle, and one life jacket per person.
24. All boats must be in compliance with all state and federal regulations pertaining to vessels.
25. Each team member should wear a Coast Guard approved life jacket anytime the boat is on plane.
26. Alcoholic beverages are PROHIBITED during tournament hours.
27. You may scout and fun shoot anytime before the tournament until 7:00 AM April 7th.
28. Participants may use any public launch on the tournament lakes and may be on the water before official tournament start time. No bow shots will be allowed until official tournament time.
29. Trailering will be allowed to any public boat ramp on tournament lakes.
30. No shooting or casting until official tournament time begins by official clock. Official start-stop times will be determined by Backwater Outdoors Social Media. Weight updates will broadcast via Backwater Outdoors Facebook and Twitter feeds.
31. No electronic tracking devices (implanted microchips) may be used to locate fish for tournament purposes (Depth finders and graph charts are the only exception).
32. All Tie breakers will be determined by which fish was weighed first.
33. Scales used at the tournament will be official scales for tournament and all judged weights are final and not open for dispute.
34. No baiting or chumming of fish.
35. Teams must assist in the handling and the removal of fish from weigh in area.
36. All arrows must have a line attached to it for retrieval.
37. No dip nets will be allowed in boats. Gaff hooks with a single hook and total length of no more than 6’ will be allowed for landing big fish.
38. All boats will be subjected to a random inspection by tournament officials 24 hrs. Prior to and until the end of the Tournament at tournament site, weigh in, boat ramps, and on the water.
39. No fish may be transferred from one team’s boat to another team FOR ANY REASON!
40. Sportsmanship, courtesy, safety and conservation are expected from every participant.
41. Boat must be present to weigh fish in.
42. All fish weighed in will become the property of the Tournament and will be utilized appropriately. No coolers or containers will be allowed in the weigh in line. Fish disposal will be provided at each weigh in.
43. All contestants shall be required to bring their boat and respective partner(s) with them to the weigh-in site when weighing in fish.
44. You must be in the weigh in line (line end marker will be displayed) at official weigh in hours for fish to count; fish will not be weighed outside of designated weigh in times. Once you enter the weigh line, you may not leave line.
45. No contestant may weigh in more than one common carp per tournament hour. Common carp entered in the Big Carp of the Hour contest do not carry forward from hour to hour. Your biggest common carp is registered into the final overall standings.
46. Fish must be weighed in by the contestant who originally harvested the fish and it must be in said contestant’s physical possession in the weigh-in line. If fish is harvested by multiple contestants (multiple arrows, etc) it is up to the team to decide which contestant shall weigh the fish. Big fish pot included. Person who shoots the fish first must be the one to weigh it. Only if arrows make contact at the exact same time will you need to choose who weighs the fish.
47. Any artificially weighed or preserved fish will be disqualified and that contestant will be subject to prosecution under federal laws. Keeping fish in water or ice is ok.
48. Any questionable entry will be subject to inspection by a marine biologist or similarly qualified expert of the applicable State’s Parks & Wildlife Dept.
49. Contestants are to be attentive to litter and should make every effort to maintain their trash in their boat and dispose of it properly.
50. Each contestant, by signing the entry form and/or participation in the tournament, agrees to submit to a polygraph/lie detector examination.
51. Polygraph/lie detector test will be given on a random basis and must be passed.
52. There may be random polygraph/lie detector tests given after the conclusion of each official tournament weigh in hour as soon as that hour has elapsed. All contestants who have placed during said hour, their respective partners and boats, if any may be asked to remain at the official Tournament site until said hourly winners are declared official. If not present, contestants will automatically be disqualified.
53. Polygraph/lie detector tests may also be given before awards ceremony.
54. Any contestant determined by the polygraph/lie detector examination or other Tournament officials to be intoxicated or on any type of illegal drugs at the time said contestant is required to take the polygraph examination, or in violation of Tournament rules, will be disqualified from this and all future Tournaments.
55. Any contestant found to be in possession of any illegal substance will be subject to disqualification and prosecution.
56. All contestants, by entering this Tournament, hereby agree to allow their boats to be boarded and inspected by Tournament officials at any time during said Tournament, and checked for items to include, but not limited to, their boat registration, and boat contents to include live well, fish containers, rod boxes, closed storage compartments, tackle boxes, life jackets, PFD’s and safety equipment.
57. The decisions of the Tournament officials will be FINAL
58. Failure to comply with Tournament Rules will result in disqualification, and the entry fee will be FORFEITED
59. Tournament officials are not responsible in assistance for towing or aid to disabled vessels
60. Restricted areas are enforced for this tournament-NO SCOUTING OR FISHING ALLOWED for 72 hours prior to event and during event in red zone areas. Violators will be disqualified. Know where these areas are; it is your responsibility! (See list below for restricted areas)
61. No air powered motors in Federal Wildlife refuges (example: Wheeler Wildlife Refuge). Follow state and federal laws.
62. By entering all participants agree to waive their rights to sue Backwater Outdoors, LLC by participating in the 2017 Backwater Outdoors All Out Carp Out Tournament, for any injuries, death, emotional distress, pain and suffering, and all other forms of economic and non-economic damages. They waive all claims, and they will hold Backwater Outdoors, LLC harmless from any claims brought on their behalf.
Red Zone Areas:
(Maps will be available for participants) (A map of these areas is available to view at Backwater Outdoors or order from Backwater Outdoors) NO bowfishing or fishing in these areas.
• Jones Creek area from BB Comer Bridge to mouth of Jones Creek, between island and east bank.
• Browns Creek from Hwy 69 Causeway to power lines
• Spring Creek (City of Guntersville) (Starting at the mouth from river channel and including all areas within including Pole Cat Creek)
• East Bank from northern mouth of Spring to southern mouth of Short Creek including Signal Point area
• Guntersville Yacht Club Slue
• From Guntersville Boat Mart Marina HWY 69 shoreline from Boat Mart to the beginning of Streets Bluff Park.
• Dripping Spring Branch Slue
• Jagger Branch Slue (on Honeycomb Cr)
• Seibold Creek (The area around Riverbend Condo’s and Marina and Anchorage Marina).
• Beech Creek (West of Co. Rd 14).
• All Marinas (No boats within 300 feet of any marina or campground area) Including but not limited to Alreds Marina and Guntersville State Park Campground
• Goose Pond Park/Marina Area
• Jackson County Park (From mouth of river channel, all areas including Roseberry Creek)
• Areas closed by state to bowfishing
Red zone maps for Lake Guntersville
We also have more detailed maps at Backwater Outdoors for sale and available in our online store for purchase. Red zone means you cannot be in there at all. No air power means no airboats, fan boats or mud motors. Troller and kicker boats can fish the no air power areas. Red zone areas are in effect 72 hours prior to tournament start and through the tournament for all boats. No air power in Wheeler Wildlife Refuge areas on Wheeler Lake.
Guntersville Map: Lake Guntersville Tournament Map
2017 All Out Carp Out Release Form (must be signed and turned in by each competitor)
Copyright 2017 Backwater Outdoors All Out Carp Out (Alabama) Rules – All Rights Reserved.
Buy All Out Carp Out (AL) Bowfishing Tournament 2017
Frequently Asked Questions and Information:
For dining and lodging information please follow these links:
Link to places to stay: Fishing Lake Guntersvill
Backwater Outdoors All Out Carp Out (AL) Tournament Agenda
Our Alabama Expo will include a free meal provided by the city of Guntersville for all tournament participants. Vendors from all the major bowfishing companies will have booths and tents set up with the latest in bowfishing and outdoor products including Monster Custom Boats, Muzzy Bowfishing, Oneida Eagle Bows, AMS Bowfishing, Monster Energy Drinks, Fin Finder, TJE Shoot Thru Rods, NDesigns, Batteries Plus, Innerloc, PowrTran, Southern Lite LED and more. We will game and entertainment, all of our door prize giveaways, and much more. This is not mandatory to participate in the tournament, but you definitely don’t want to miss it!
11:00 AM – Alabama Bowfishing Expo Begins (Tournament Meet and Greet)
1:00 PM – Free meal is served for all tournament participants
3:00 PM – Team Tournament Meeting (Rules discussion, questions, etc)
Presentation of replica mount of 2016 Winning Fish to 2015 All Out Carp Out Champion
3:30 PM- Grand Prize Drawing and Door Prize Giveaway – This is where we will be drawing for the grand prize and giving all door prizes for the tournament. Each person who enters both days and all bonus pots will have their name entered in the grand prize drawing. Each person will also receive one door prize ticket with their entry. This will be in your tournament packet you receive.
5:00 PM – Alabama Bowfishing Expo Ends
7:00 PM CST – Official Tournament Starting Hour (you can begin shooting at this time)
10:00 – 11:00 PM CST – Night One Weigh In #1
1:00 – 2 :00 AM CST – Night One Weigh In #2
4:00 – 5 :00 AM CST – Night One Weigh In #3
7:00 – 8 :00 AM CST – Night One Weigh In #4
7:00 PM CST – Official Tournament Starting Hour (you can begin shooting at this time)
10:00 – 11:00 PM CST – Night Two Weigh In #1
1:00 – 2 :00 AM CST – Night Two Weigh In #2
4:00 – 5 :00 AM CST – Night Two Weigh In #3
7:00 – 8 :00 AM CST – Night Two Weigh In #4
9:00 AM CST
st – 3rd Place Overall Awards
Ladies Night 1 Winner Presentation
Ladies Night 2 Winner Presentation
Youth Overall Winner
Big Fish Pot Winners Presentation
Hourly winners, tagged target bonus, and 20.0 and 18.0 Exact Winners will be paid at the conclusion of the weigh in hours.
Tournament Parking Maps:
If you’re looking for lodging, we have negotiated a group rate of $89 per night from Thursday – Sunday for the tournament at the Hampton Inn in Guntersville, as well as a 5:00 am free hot breakfast. This is $55 off the normal rate, so it’s a great deal. They also offer plugs in the parking lot for the trolling motors to charge, private launch and marina fuel onsite & free Wi-Fi. They are next door to Wintzells Oyster House restaurant for great food. This rate is good for up to two adults per room. For this rate you’ll need to call direct 256.582.4176 and ask for the “Carp Out Bowfishing Tournament” Rate. This hotel is very close to the tournament site. We also now have a lodging and dining guide in the Carp Out section of our website. Y
We also have discounted rates at the Wyndham Garden hotel in Guntersville and Guntersville State Park (they have rooms, cabins and chalets). Just tell them you want the “fishing rate”.
Each person must register individually (per person), but only 4 paid participants per boat.
Entry fee is $100 per night or $150 for both nights per person, not per team, not including bonus pots. Each person in the boat must be registered.
Big grass carp and buffalo pot is for the single largest grass carp and buffalo overall for the event, and the person who shoots the grass carp must be entered in the big grass carp pot and weigh the fish. You may enter more than one grass carp during the tournament, but only one per weigh in.
For the weigh in, you can drive your truck with your vehicle to weigh or drive your boat to the dock there, either way just bring your fish up in a bucket or whatever to the pavilion and we will weigh it. If you drive your vehicle, your boat must be with it, just park and bring your fish up. If you’re late you’ll have to wait till the next weigh in.
You can win multiple weigh-ins and more than one place in the top 3 overall. If you have the three biggest fish you win all 3!
4 weigh-ins per night, you can weigh 1 common carp &/grass carp/buffalo per weigh in. There will be a winner for each hour for cash/prizes & that fish will go to your overall biggest. Once you weigh that fish it’s gone, so you can weight it in or hold it till the next/last weigh in. The winning weight each hour will be posted immediately on FB and twitter, so you can keep up with what’s being weighed in. You just can’t carry it over from night 1 to night 2. There’s strategy in whether to weigh it..or wait till the next weigh in, etc…
If you get a check (money) you will most likely take a lie detector test, period. This will eliminate any cheating issues.
You only weigh one common carp or grass carp per weigh in
If you double arrow one fish in your boat, it’s up to your team to decide who weighs it in.
Up to 4 paid contestants per boat, even though you are competing individually, you’re still a team, only paid contestants in the boat. If you start the night in boat, you must stay with that boat. You can change boats for night 2 if necessary, but cannot switch during the middle of the night.
There is no blast off, you can be on the water up to 12 hours before with your gear; you just can’t start shooting until official time. Lie detector will take care of any issues on that. You may be on the water with your bows and gear up to 12 hours before official start time. 7:00 PM is official start time (official time will be announced). No bows in the boat 24 hours prior to 7 AM April 7, 2017.
Boat and all using that boat must be at weigh in, if you choose to come to that weigh in. You don’t have to come unless you think you got a winning fish.
The first weigh in of each night, if you have the tournament t-shirt first place will double their money ($2000)
This is how the weigh in will go down. You can start weighing as soon as the hour starts, we will have a clock up there. As long you cross the line before the clock ends for that hour, you can weigh in your fish. You can weigh it anytime during the weigh in hour. We will have 3-5 chairs set out, for 1st, 2nd 3rd, 4th, 5th. When you move into one of those places, you will sit in one of those chairs. If somebody weighs a heavier carp you will get bumped. Once you get bumped out of the chairs you can go back to fishing. If you’re still in a chair at the end of the hour you’ll get your check, and may be subject to polygraph and/ boat inspection. There will be a line or marker that you must be past before the end of that hour. Once you cross that line you must weigh your fish, even if somebody ahead of you weighs a bigger fish. You may choose to stand back and watch before choosing to weigh your fish, but once you’re across the line you can’t back and the fish becomes property of the tournament. Should be exciting at the weigh ins!
The person that puts the first arrow in the fish must be the one to weigh it. If you happen to shoot it at the same time then you must pick who weighs it. So spread your shots out among people in your boat. You don’t want to fail that polygraph and you and everyone in your boat be disqualified.
Guntersville Lake is 69,000 acres and Wheeler Lake is 67,000 acres, with over 150 miles of fishable waters. Guntersville Lake is Alabama’s largest lake and known as one of the best bowfishing lakes in the entire United States and has been host to many of the biggest bowfishing events held since the 1990’s. The other lakes are large as well so there will be more than enough area for contestants to fish comfortably.
You can purchase non-resident fishing licenses for AL here:
You’ll need a freshwater fishing license. $27.85 for the 7 day non-resident. Other states offer online licenses as well.
You must be registered in the grass carp pot to weigh in a grass carp, and the person that put the first arrow in the grass carp must be the one to weigh the fish.
If start fishing in one boat for the evening, you must remain in that boat the rest of the night, you may switch for night 2 if necessary.
Each contestant will one ticket towards the open draw prizes (over $30,000 worth).
BRANDS WE CARRY
and many more…
All Out Carp Out 2017
8th Annual Backwater Outdoors Big Fish Challenge – Aug 20, 2016
Carp Out Kentucky 2016 – Bigheads for big payouts!